Bumblebee Baptism Party - 4 - Beehive Cake

I saw another inspiration photo on pinterest:


I thought that would be perfect for Millie's baptism, so I called up It's A Piece of Cake by Maggi, my favorite cake store, and emailed them a picture. She is amazing. See?


I did 3 different projects with this cake.  The first was the chalkboard signs that had really corny sayings like:
- To Bee or Not to Bee
- Beelieve
- I Beelieve I Can Fly
They were simple and I followed the tutorial here.

I also made a popular banner with sticks and flags that have Millie's name across.  This was very easy, I just cut out scrapbook paper into triangles, put one letter on each flag, hot glued the paper to string, and then wrapped the string around the sticks.  The sticks were dowels from Jo Anne fabrics that are very narrow in diameter, the narrowest they had (1/4 inch I think).
I also made the bees that were "flying" around the cake.  They were just small black and yellow pom poms glued together, with a yellow stripe painted on the black pom pom with acrylic paint, two puffy paint eyes on the yellow pom pom, and then some tulle wings cut into shape hot glued on their backs.  I hung them at different heights from two different sized embroidery hoops that I had in my sewing collection.
Here are the rest of the party linkups:
Part 1: Invitations
Part 2: Headbands
Part 3: Yellow Flag Banner

Like this post?  Then pin it!  Pin It


0 comments:

Post a Comment