Blankey Emergency Repair

Oh my little blankey!  Yes, I'm 31 (wait, is that right ?!?) and I still have my blankey.  This is not my *real* childhood blankey mind you, it is one that replaced one that replaced the original, but nonetheless I've had this one the longest.

One short story about why I still have it.  We went on a roadtrip from Florida, all the way to Washington State, and back.  We spent one night in Fargo, North Dakota, and I left the blankey in the hotel.  We were 3 hours West when I realized.  My sweet husband drove all the way back to the hotel to get it!  6 extra hours!!!  The hotel maid told me she understood...kids!  Hahaha!  I was a little embarrassed, but I still have my blankey.  And this is why it needs an emergency repair:

 So I decided to go for broke and remove the original print fabric and keep the tan fabric.  I wanted to mainly keep the tan fabric because it is pilled and I love the way that it feels.  You can tell in the dark which blanket is my blankey, amid the mass of blankets I have in the bed with me.  I'm a pile sleeper.  Under the pile sleeper actually.  So I used my trusty seam ripper and took the fabric off.
 Agh.  Oh well, that was a little hard, but you can see that this fabric really was a mess.  Then I decided I didn't want to completely lose it.  So I wasn't nearly as courageous as you would expect a 31 year old who still sleeps with her tattered blankey and won't just throw it away now that I'm married and have a baby...I still kept 2 pieces of the original print.  It's mainly because I love math and I love those ridiculous dogs and math problems.
 The new fabric was leaves on vines, much more adult like.  Which now makes me second guess keeping two squares of the original fabric, because I sewed them onto the more adult fabric on the front.  It looks a bit weird.
 But no one will want to steal my blankey now!
And I could always find mine!

Like this post? Then pin it! Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment