Ahhh Sewing!

I am making my daughter's pig Halloween costume.  I decided to make a pair of shorts that have a round shape to them, to mimic a pig, but she can also wear them everyday as well.  I saw a pair I loved at homemade by jill (great blob BTW) and I decided to buy the pattern (Puppet Show shorts).  It is a great pattern. I easily made the shorts by myself (this is the third item I've ever made from a pattern and the previous two were not too great).  I still have trouble with seam allowances if my presser foot isn't the match for the allowance, but it worked pretty well eyeballing it.

Here's the end result:
 I love the prairie pockets!
 Next, I sewed some cute little strawberry shoes for a 4 month old (Halloween!) and they turned out great.  I chose the colors to match the costume, and I know they will fit her well :)  I also decided to list them in my etsy shop!


Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Post a Comment