Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Party part 5 - Name as Disney Characters

The main decoration I planned for my daughter's second birthday was her name spelled out in letters, that looked like the characters from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  See?

All they are is 8" letters covered in paper to make them look like the characters.  From left to right, we have Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Daisy, Minnie, and Donald.  I started with Donald and used double-sided tape to adhere the paper to the letters.
I covered the front and backs first, then went around the outside of the letters for full coverage.
I just freehanded the bows, and it wasn't too hard.  Minnie's pink isn't the right color, it should be more like hot pink.
Daisy's purple looks lavender in person, but definitely read differently with the camera.
Goofy's hat is one piece green, I just freehanded the shape, with a blue piece of paper glued on top.  Simple!
Pluto's collar is only taped on the back, which makes it look more like a collar.  You could also add a tag that says Pluto, but I stopped before that point.
Classic Mickey mouse!
And my favorite, Donald Duck.  This one came out the best, in my opinion.  Both Donald and Daisy have a small piece of furry notion, which adds to the "duck" look.
Oh boy!

Like this post?  Then
More Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Party posts here:
Part 1 - Invitations
Part 2 - Goody Bags
Part 3 - Punch Box
Part 4 - Balloon Wreath

0 comments:

Post a Comment